Monday, January 30, 2012

baby shower onesie cookies


I recently flew to Chicago for my cousin Angie's baby shower.  I grew up with Angie, and we've been best friends for as long as I can remember.  Her friends in Chicago were organizing her baby shower, but I wanted to contribute something, so I offered to make some onesie cookies!


I used my favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe, and used the same onesie cookie cutters (from my previous attempt at baby shower cookies) to cut out the shapes.  Once those were baked and cooled, I outlined the cookies with white royal icing.  After the outlines had dried, I filled them in with thinned royal icing, and then let that dry overnight.


I wanted to make the cookies match the baby shower invitations, so I used orange royal icing to outline half of the cookies, and blue/grey royal icing to outline the rest.  It took me a while to match the blue color to the one in the invitations, but I ended up mixing in royal blue, black, and a teeny bit of purple to achieve the right shade.


Angie's friends did an awesome job with the baby shower - everything was beautiful, and the food (Korean food made by Angie's cousin-in-law) was deelish!  I was so happy that I was able to make the trip to participate in the celebration!


7 comments:

  1. OMG this is so cute~~~~ Fantastic job, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a lot your baby shower cookies!! :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never see a cookie such a cute as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable. I'll have to remember these for the next baby shower I help out with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These onesie cookies are the best one and the border color of orange and blue is the real charm.Great work.Winnie the pooh baby shower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic document, many thanks with regard to getting this specific in concert! That is obviously 1 fantastic post. Many thanks for the beneficial details and skills you have thus supplied below. golf ball tracker

    ReplyDelete