Friday, June 13, 2014

mint chocolate keroppi cake


This was the first new recipe not already on the blog that I created for my book, "The Hello Kitty Baking Book", and I while I have made many, many Hello Kitty cakes, this was my first Keroppi themed dessert. And I thought it came out adorable!

As described in the book, I baked two 8-inch chocolate cakes, sliced them in half horizontally, and then used a Keroppi template to cut out the shape of the cakes. (The Keroppi template is included in the book!)


Then I whipped up a batch of minty whipped cream to fill in between each layer of cake.


After frosting the entire cake, I piped on Keroppi's details (details in the book), and piped stars to cover the rest of the cake.


When cut, the striking layers of chocolate cake and green minty filling are revealed.


Moist, refreshingly minty, and delicious, this cake is a keeper! 


To get the recipe (including the template!) and see brand new photos, you can pre-order my book here!

7 comments:

  1. This is crazy cute and my fav flavour combo!
    Am I too old to have this for MY bday??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @COCO JZ - thanks so much! :) and of course you're not too old, i've made hello kitty cakes for myself every birthday for the past few years! ;) never too old for sanrio!

      Delete
  2. So cute! :-)
    By the way, I used your matcha green tea cake recipe to make a marbleized birthday cake for my husband's big 3-0, and he loved it.
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chic Alluring - ooh, i'm so glad he loved it! send me a picture, i'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing :), Please michele, I want your wipped cream recipe ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the piping is so intricate. Seeing your posts makes me learn so much. Even though I know that I still have a lot to learn, I am always inspired by your work.

    ReplyDelete